Smart Slotting is a warehouse slotting optimization tool. With the ever-changing demands of customers and increasing labor costs, it is more important than ever to ensure your operation is running as efficiently as possible. With a warehouse slotting optimization tool like Smart Slotting, we allow you to visualize and optimize your warehouse in a way you never have before. This tool will enable us to efficiently process your data and provide a proven cost-saving analysis for both new and existing facilities.
What Is Smart Slotting
Smart Slotting is a warehouse slotting optimization tool and is fully integrated with AutoCAD®, the world’s leading design software program. Unlike other warehouse slotting solutions, many of which are based on distance traveled, Smart Slotting uses factors such as space costs, replenishment costs, and equipment costs to provide you with the most efficient solution possible.
Smart Slotting takes the necessary data and puts dollars to your operation costs, including labor, material handling equipment, storage mediums, and more. Using a variety of algorithms, Smart Slotting will define the total lowest cost operating plan for your facility. Also, this warehouse slotting tool can factor in seasonal spikes, future growth, and other changing conditions to make sure you are prepared for your future needs as well.
Benefits of Smart Slotting
With Smart Slotting, we can help you create a business case for every possible variation within your operation. A few of the top benefits of this tool include:
- Move products to a location that minimizes travel distance across all orders, which will improve picking efficiency and order timeliness while reducing costs and increasing profits.
- Remove the guesswork out of facility layout by calculating the impact that potential changes will make before implementing them.
- Review potential reductions in stocking and operational costs by exploring the consolidation of operations and bringing all SKU’s under one roof.
- Assist with moving SKU’s to the best possible location to accommodate changes caused by seasonal impacts.
- Create unique business rules for your operation to help reduce “stock outs” and frequent replenishment.
Is It Right For You?
We know your biggest challenge is keeping operating costs low while maintaining a safe, productive, and accurate environment. By inputting a set of data requirements such as SKUs, physical dimensions, order demands, and on-hand inventory, Smart Slotting can help you achieve those goals in the most efficient way possible.
Whether it is optimizing a brand-new facility design or analyzing alternative solutions in your current space, our warehouse slotting process will work to give you the best design options possible. Contact one of our experts today at 317.449.8750 to learn how Smart Slotting can work for you.