Contact Us to Learn More.
Vertical Lift Modules (VLMs) are a “goods-to-person” picking solution that allows users to pick orders very efficiently while optimizing space utilization within a facility. Its internal software allows this seemingly complex machine to be one of the most user-friendly tools in your warehouse. VLMs are capable of delivering one or two trays at a time to the picking area and are often used to store and pick smaller cube, slower-moving items.
VLMs are also great with space utilization, condensing 5,000 square feet to about 150 square feet for the machine, a 90% decrease in your footprint. They can also utilize either inside picking, where the trays stay entirely inside the device, or outside picking, where the actual picking bay comes out 3 to 4 feet. VLMs offer user-friendly interfaces for many functions making it the perfect customizable addition to your facility.
For more information on VLMs, see below or contact us!
Vertical Lift Modules Features & Usage
- Fully automated goods to man storage and picking solution
- Increases floor space available by utilizing ceiling height
- Works with existing facility Warehouse Management System (WMS) software or can operate independently using internal WMS software
- Typically used for small to medium-sized parts, but they can accommodate heavy items
- The VLM senses the tallest product stored in a tray and dynamically adjusts internally to maximize total cubic storage capacity
- Storage location sizes within each tray can be easily adjusted “on the fly” during receiving using the VLM display screen
- Machine will deliver the tray to the picking area and a laser beam will point to the exact storage location where the item is located for the picker
- The VLM also directs the picker to the proper location with a light bar
- VLM functionality takes all the guesswork out of it, ensuring maximum pick accuracy
- A pick to light batching table can be incorporated with the VLM to allow for picking multiple orders at a time out of multiple machines to drive extremely high lines picked per hour
Benefits of a Vertical Lift Module
- Extremely high pick rates lead to labor savings within the facility
- Maximize space utilization
- Eco-Friendly lifts are available
- VLMs can move up to 120 trays/hour and multiple machines can be utilized in a group to maximize operational efficiency
- Each machine can store a large cubic volume and weight of a product in a very small footprint