Every day, it seems as if there’s some sort of new technology and innovation coming out. Are you ahead of the curve or lagging behind? These technology solutions might seem complicated, but with the team at Storage Solutions, we make implementation of the latest technologies feel simple. Don’t miss out on ways to improve your business because implementing new things might seem difficult. They aren’t. Let us help you discover why.
Vertical Lift Modules (VLMs), “goods-to-person” picking solution, allows users to pick orders very efficiently while optimizing space utilization within a facility. Its internal software allows this seemingly complex machine to be one of the most user-friendly tools in your warehouse. VLMs are capable of delivering one or two trays at a time to the picking area and are often used to store and pick smaller cube, slower-moving items.
VLMs are also great with space utilization, condensing 5,000 square feet to about 150 square feet for the machine, a 90% decrease in your footprint. They can also utilize either inside picking, where the trays stay entirely inside the device, or outside picking, where the actual picking bay comes out 3 to 4 feet. VLMs offer user-friendly interfaces for many functions making it the perfect customizable addition to your facility.
Vertical Lift Module Features & Usage
- Fully automated goods to man storage and picking solution
- Increases floor space available by utilizing ceiling height
- Works with existing facility Warehouse Management System (WMS) software or can operate independently using internal WMS software
- Typically used for small to medium-sized parts, but they can accommodate heavy items
Vertical Lift Module Customization
- The VLM senses the tallest product stored in a tray and dynamically adjusts internally to maximize total cubic storage capacity
- Storage location sizes within each tray can be easily adjusted “on the fly” during receiving using the VLM display screen
- Machine will deliver the tray to the picking area and a laser beam will point to the exact storage location where the item is located for the picker
- The VLM also directs the picker to the proper location with a light bar
- VLM functionality takes all the guesswork out of it, ensuring maximum pick accuracy
- A pick to light batching table can be incorporated with the VLM to allow for picking multiple orders at a time out of multiple machines to drive extremely high lines picked per hour
Vertical Lift Module Benefits
- Extremely high pick rates lead to labor savings within the facility
- Maximize space utilization
- Eco-Friendly lifts are available
- VLMs can move up to 120 trays/hour and multiple machines can be utilized in a group to maximize operational efficiency
- Each machine can store a large cubic volume and weight of a product in a very small footprint
Why partner with Storage Solutions for your technology needs?
It’s no secret that labor challenges are affecting many companies. With the latest advancements in technology, labor issues don’t have to slow down your operation. In fact, the right combination of systems can set you up to run more efficiently, while also being less reliant on manual labor.
With Storage Solutions as a partner, we will help you determine the best fit for you operation. Whether you are looking to make the picking process more accurate or increase overall productivity, we have the knowledge and experience to help you get it done.