Every day, it seems as if there’s some sort of new technology and innovation coming out. Are you ahead of the curve or lagging behind? These technology solutions might seem complicated, but with the team at Storage Solutions, we make implementation of the latest technologies feel simple. Don’t miss out on ways to improve your business because implementing new things might seem difficult. They aren’t. Let us help you discover why.
Contact us to learn more.
Warehouse Control Systems (WCS)
Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) is a software tool that can manage and monitor the functions of material handling equipment. A WCS system operates in real-time to synchronize multiple automation systems, employee functions, and the flow of material to help businesses make the best decision possible for their operation. WCS will take all data into account to determine the most efficient manner of product flow.
A WCS system is typically best used in a single facility. The WCS system acts as the “traffic cop” in a facility, taking in real-time data to develop customized flows to fit the operation’s specific needs. Similarly, facilities with automated material handling hardware often find it beneficial to integrate their WCS with a Warehouse Management System (WMS). This integration gives a commanding and comprehensive view of a facility.
Benefits of Storage Solution’s TRaCS Warehouse Control System
- Flexible integration to work with different types of equipment
- In-house software engineers can modify the WCS to match your unique needs
- Complete in-house software support
Primary Functions of TRaCS Software
- Provide real-time directives to operators and material handling equipment controllers
- Dynamically assign cartons to divert locations based on defined sortation algorithms or based on routing/order information received from the Host (if applicable)
- Live alerts, reporting, and troubleshooting from a separate network location with the all-new WCS Remote Viewer software
- Collect statistical data on the operational performance of the system to enable operations personnel to maintain the equipment in peak performance
SSI’s software and engineering teams are constantly researching and improving our TRaCS software to expand its capabilities to ensure our customers are getting the best experience possible. If you would like find out how our TRaCS software could integrate in your operations, click here!
Why partner with Storage Solutions for your technology needs?
It’s no secret that labor challenges are affecting many companies. With the latest advancements in technology, labor issues don’t have to slow down your operation. In fact, the right combination of systems can set you up to run more efficiently, while also being less reliant on manual labor.
With Storage Solutions as a partner, we will help you determine the best fit for you operation. Whether you are looking to make the picking process more accurate or increase overall productivity, we have the knowledge and experience to help you get it done.