SALES TAX ANALYST
Employment Type: Full-Time
Storage Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Sales Tax analyst in the company headquarters in Westfield, IN. This position will oversee various tax activities, including preparing, reviewing and filing required state sales tax returns on a timely basis. The role is responsible for sales tax filings and will work with outside Accountants on the preparation of quarterly and year end tax filings. This role will also be asked to perform other accounting duties as necessary.
The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks being completed on time.
Detailed, specialized work is the major focus. This position will provide consistent workflow, allowing the person to plan for, focus on and complete tasks at hand.
The position will generally be task oriented, requiring someone with a conservative, careful, and cautious approach to work. Strong communication skills are required for this position as part of the overall accounting team..
The Sales Tax Analyst will be expected to work in a fast-paced environment, managing up to 40 states for sales tax.
- Reports to Assistant Controller
- Oversees accounting activities as it relates to tax requirements
- Month-End, Quarter-End, Year-end accounting close activities
- Maintains the general ledger
- Prepares and participates in year-end audits and sales tax audits
- Various projects as requested
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to manage team members
- Sales tax experience required, with Avalara experience preferred
- Experience in SAGE products
- Accounting degree preferred
- Professional experience in state sales tax requirements
- Strong attention to details and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Proactive ownership of responsibilities
- Leadership abilities
- Team player
- Critical thinking
- Attention to details
- Strong work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Why work for Storage Solutions?
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, Storage Solutions has experienced stable growth for decades. The products and services we offer are in demand and the industry is continuously expanding.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Generous paid time off policies
- Great medical, dental and vision plans
- HSA contributions
- A Variety of 401(k) options
- Short and long-term disability insurance policies
- Life insurance policies
“Their knowledge of the equipment and how to set up a facility saved our project from potential disaster.”