In the same way that one would evaluate the benefits of purchasing a car for themselves, many warehouse managers are consistently assessing whether to buy new or used warehouse equipment in their facilities.
Most of the same variables apply. Do you want something sleek and new? Is long-term or short-term cost more important to you? Do you need the automobile for a specific purpose?
Whether they are expanding, relocated, or repairing the racks in your facility, warehouse managers have many decisions to make, which is why we want to make it easy for those in the market for warehouse equipment to evaluate which option is best for them.
- Strict Permitting Issues: If your project requires stringent permits to adhere to local or state regulations, it may be wiser to use new equipment because you can select the exact equipment that matches those requirements. However, permitting requirements can often be met with the right preowned equipment also.
- The warehouse is a “showcase” for potential customers: If you are giving tours or showing off your facility in some capacity, you may want to showcase the aesthetics that comes with new equipment.
- A specific weight capacity, size, or specifications are needed: If you are housing specific products without many potential changes in terms of product size, weight, or packaging, you can optimize your capacity with new equipment by designing your racking to exactly match your needs.
- Cost Savings: With strict project budgets, businesses are continually looking for ways to save. Used materials can be just as reliable as new, without the high price tag.
- Immediate availability, generally no lead time: It can take manufacturers up to 8-10 weeks, or much more in the current environment, to fabricate your equipment. Used pallet rack is available immediately from our 330,000 sq. ft. warehouse!
- Need to match an existing system: Keep in mind that while different manufacturing styles are compatible, you should speak with an expert before matching equipment from different sources.
Did You Know About Our Certified Pre-Owned Program?
We are committed to providing our customers with reliable, quality products, which is why we’ve created our Certified Pre-Owned Equipment Program. The Storage Solutions Certified seal is only placed on products that pass our rigorous five-point inspection so you can buy with the confidence that you’re getting only the best quality rack.
Our Five-Point Inspection ensures products are:
- Stored in a climate-controlled environment
- Produced by a known manufacturer
- Structurally sound
- Handled adequately during installation/dismantle
While the above is a rather simplistic, high-level breakdown, the right answer depends on several variables that will be unique to your operations. If you need additional assistance or would like to speak to a storage expert who can connect you with the most appropriate equipment to meet your needs, give us a call today! Our team is on-hand and has the expertise to get the job done.