Hello again, and welcome back to the Storage Solutions weekly blog. This week, I would like to focus on new versus used pallet rack. As an integral aspect of any warehouse dynamic, we’d like take a few minutes to discuss the benefits of buying used pallet rack.
WHAT IS PALLET RACK?
Standard selective pallet rack is designed for the purpose of the bulk storage of palletized goods and equipment.
- Pallet rack is typically found in warehousing operations.
- Consists of uprights, beams, and wire decks.
- Uprights are the vertical pieces of these storage units which are typically anchored to the floor and provide the support for the racking system.
- Beams clip into the uprights and provide the horizontal supports in these units.
- Wire decks are the final element of these units which sit on top of the beams and create the shelf that the pallets and/or goods sit on.
WHY BUY USED PALLET RACK?
- Used pallet rack is less expensive— Since the global economy has fallen off the proverbial deep end, businesses everywhere are looking for new ways to save money. So, it is easy to see why purchasing used pallet rack has become a more popular route for businesses trying to save a little extra money on their warehousing operations.
- Avoid manufacturers’ lead times—When pallet rack manufacturers are busy, it can take them as long as 8-10 weeks before they are able to fabricate your equipment. Used pallet rack, on the other hand, is available immediately. The time saved by avoiding manufacturers’ lead times could be crucial if you are working on a project with a very short deadline.
WHAT’S OUR BEST TIP FOR PURCHASING PALLET RACK?
Be sure to purchase equipment that has been stored indoors.—Many used pallet rack dealers store their equipment in a field, leaving it exposed to the elements. Rusty uprights, beams, and wire decks are the number one reason people complain about buying used pallet rack.
Here at Storage Solutions, we pride ourselves on the fact that every single pallet rack you purchase from us has been stored in a temperature-controlled setting. With the recent addition of space, our 330,000 sq. ft. warehouse provides an ideal environment for storing new and used pallet rack. Rust can develop on the insides of beams that have been exposed to the elements, so merely looking on the surface isn’t enough.
Well, that just about wraps up another Storage Solutions blog session. But don’t forget to check out the clearance section of our website. We are constantly adding new equipment so be sure to take a few minutes to see if there is anything that catches your eye.