Contact us to learn more about semi-automated pallet runner storage.
About Pallet Runner Systems
Pallet Runners can help maximize space utilization and storage density within a facility by optimizing the storing, loading, and retrieval of full pallets. These shuttles offer efficient organization and perfect integration with various warehouse logics and LIFO, FIFO, and mixed inventory systems.
Standard Pallet Runner Functions:
- Storing – The operator selects a cart and loads the cart into the desired lane. Once the cart is loaded, the operator can then position the pallet to be stored in the front position. The operator then simply selects the command he wants to give the cart via the hand controller. The cart will pick up the pallet and store it in the next available position.
- Retrieving – Similar to the storing process, once the cart is placed in the lane, the operator selects retrieve. The unit cart travels the lane until the first available pallet is located. The cart picks up the pallet and returns to the home position. The pallet needs to be removed before the cart can accept any other command.
- Continuous Retrieving – Same functionality as retrieving except once the pallet is removed from the home position, the cart will automatically return to retrieve the next available pallet.
- Manual Setting of Distance Between Pallets from 20 to 150mm (3/4″ to 6″) – In the case of pallet overhang, the pallet spacing can be independently managed via a remote controller. The distance between pallets can be increased directly from the handset.
- Control Multiple Carts – Remote controller is able to control up to 4 carts simultaneously
- Measurable Activity – Missions counting
- Cycle counting – carts have functionality that allows them to be used to count the # of pallets in any lane for the purpose of inventory or cycle counting
- Standardized Maintenance – Automatic maintenance notices
Advantages of Using Pallet Runners:
- Fast and extremely easy to use
- Green technology
- Modern design
- Sold worldwide, parts & service available locally in the US
Pallet Runner Equipment & Functionality
- Semi-automated deep storage system
- Onboard battery
- Battery charger
- Multiple language remote controller
- Remote controller battery charger
- Use manuals
- Installation & Training
- Spare parts
- Service cart to access storage system safely
- Runner care
- Protection from drips from transported pallets
- Integration for work in frozen environments from -1°C to -30°C (30°F to -22°F)
- Remote controller charging system from forklift
- Forklift locking system that keeps carts from falling off of forks during movement between lanes
- Operations can use the system in a safe and productive manner
- Semi-automated storage systems eliminate damage to both product and racking structure
- Carts are all equipped with state of the art safety devices
Technical Advantages of Pallet Runners:
- Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, simple and fast to replace
- Fast and silent handling
- 48 Volt battery – carts are powered using the latest in lithium-ion technology
- Anti-capsize system
- Aisle end slowdown and stop with innovative positioning and patented laser pointer system
- Real-time data available
- Can be used with all lift trucks commonly found in North American warehouses without modifications
- Semi-automated storage systems are equipped with guide wheels to assist the operator in positioning the cart in the lanes
Pallet Runner Care Maintenence:
- Runner Care: A practical, convenient and efficient preventative maintenance program
- Minimum maintenance required by the customer
- Runner care provides 24-hour support to North and South America, spare part availability within 24 hours
- The unprecedented ability to handle different types of pallets (even within the same lane)
- Able to handle various pallets including the following:
- Wood or plastic pallets
- Industrial pallets
- Pallets used in the chemical industry
- Pallets used in the food industry
- Other variations are available on request
- The first machine in the world to use the lithium-ion technology
- Recharge battery in 5 hours
- Custom programming
- Version for frozen environments up to -30°C (-22°F)
The Right Partner For Your Project!
If you are interested in pallet runners, pallet shuttles, or other semi-automated deep lane storage solutions, you want to work with a partner who is experienced & knowledgeable. It is also important to work with a provider that can deliver training & guidance on how to operate & maintain the semi-automated carts. A partner with parts available in the US & 24/7 support & service should also be a requirement. Storage Solutions is one of the very few integrators in the US that truly meets all of these requirements! Please contact us today to start developing your semi-automated deep lane storage project solution.