With a rapidly changing industry, Storage Solutions wants to make sure that we are always up-to-date with the latest trends and business opportunities ahead of us. Our Vice President of Operations, Nathan Storey, saw an opportunity that would help Storage Solutions meet and exceed this goal, which led him to attend the 63rd Annual MHEDA Convention.
Over the past year here at Storage Solutions we have been very busy helping you with your material handling needs! Our team is the best in the business and we work hard each and every day to satisfy ALL of our customers big or small! In 2013, we supplied materials to 45 states along with Australia, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Listed below are a few of our projects that our team worked on and completed in 2013.
600,000 square feet
Supplied structural PIR, selective, and Pushback.
800,000 square feet
New distribution center pallet rack
25,000 square feet
Custom carton flow/picking environment
500,000 square feet
Converted to VNA System
As we look forward to the next year we want to wish everyone a safe and prosperous 2014! We hope that you keep us in mind for your next material handling project.
Many of our customers struggle with the idea of incorporating used equipment into their warehouse solutions at first. This is because many other companies will store used warehouse equipment outdoors where beams and uprights are exposed to the elements and can often develop rust. An advantage to working with Storage Solutions is that we store both our new AND used warehouse equipment inside our 330,000 sq. ft. warehouse to ensure that everything we sell has maintained structural integrity. Our goal is to make sure that your used pallet rack beams and used pallet rack uprights are of comparable quality to what you would purchase new.
Buying used can have many benefits.
1) It’s COST EFFECTIVE! Purchasing new warehouse equipment can be expensive. When you purchase used warehouse equipment, you can get more for your money without having to worry about jeopardizing the integrity of your operation.
2) AVOID LEAD TIMES. When you purchase new warehouse equipment, there is always a lead time before manufacturers are able to produce and ship their product. Whether you’re working within a small time frame or budget, purchasing used warehouse equipment is the perfect solution.
Our team has installed equipment all over the United States, as well as Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Check out the map on our locations page to see some of our project locations!
If you are looking for material handling equipment, shop through our wide selection of new and used warehouse equipment including: pallet racking, work benches, lockers, service carts, industrial shelving, and more. Check out our video on the advantages of buying used warehouse equipment here! You can also contact us at 866.474.2001.
Storage Solutions has used Sturdi-Bilt Pallet Rack available for sale!
Contact your sales representative or call us at 866.474.2001 for purchasing details and additional information.
NOTE: All items are subject to prior sale.
96″ X 4″ with 1-5/8″ STEP | QTY: 110 | ORANGE
102″ X 4 – 5″ with 1-5/8″ STEP | QTY: 3,279 | ORANGE
108″ X 5″ with 1-5/8″ STEP | QTY: 20 | NAVY BLUE
120″ X 4-3/8 – 6″ with 1-5/8″ STEP | QTY: 84 | ORANGE
30″ X 289″ STURDIBILT UPRIGHT – 3″ X 3″ OPEN COLUMN | QTY: 56 | GRAY/BLUE
34″ X 289″ STURDIBILT UPRIGHT – 3″ X 3″ OPEN COLUMN | QTY: 105 | GRAY/BLUE
42″ X 289″ STURDIBILT UPRIGHT – 3″ X 3″ OPEN COLUMN | QTY: 67 | GRAY/BLUE
14-1/2″ STURDIBILT ROW SPACER | QTY: 639 | GALVANIZED
For Part 1 of this blog, we covered the different components of pallet rack and how to determine which type you need for your operation. Part 2 is going to cover the different types of pallet rack systems!
Types of Pallet Rack:
- Most common pallet rack used
- Efficient when you have a low quantity of SKUs
- Easy accessibility
- Least dense
- Fewer forklift aisles
- Less selectivity
- More storage density than selective rack
- Load and retrieve from the same side, creating LIFO inventory retrieval
- Efficient when you have large quantities of different SKUs
- Low selectivity
- Cost effective
- High density
- Requires fewer forklift aisles
- Similar to drive in
- Allows you to store pallets 2-5 deep and still have easy access to different SKUs
- This system uses steel carts on inclined rails, and uses gravity flow to move product towards the pick aisles
- Cost effective
- High density
- Pallet racking system that loads from one side and unloads from the other to create FIFO inventory retrieval.
- Forklifts can enter from both aisles on either side of the rack
- Low selectivity
- High density
- Excellent option for freezers
- Similar to drive thru
- This system uses wheels or rollers on sloped beam levels, and uses gravity flow to move product towards the pick aisle
- It is perfect for fast-moving product with FIFO inventory retrieval
- Uses a gravity feed rear load design
- Merchandise is loaded in the rear of each runway, and as an item is removed from the front, the item behind it slides forward on inclined rails in place of the previous item
- Elongated storage, furniture rack, tube rack, lumber rack
- Single sided or double sided
- Various heights and widths between uprights and lengths of the arms
- High selectivity
- Can use decking to span arms to create a solid level
If you have additional question or would like more information on any racking system, give us a call at 866.474.2001 or contact your sales representative!
Drumroll please…the time lapse video for Project Illinois has arrived! The Storage Solutions installation team finished this project ahead of schedule. Not only did we install the bin mezzanine, we served as the general contractor for the electricians and fire suppression contractors for that portion of the project. We also pulled all the necessary permits for the rack and bin mezzanine according to the local building code.
If you missed any of Project Illinois, you can see them here along with past Project Spotlight Series!
Is your organization looking for ways to store large quantities of small items? We currently have a surplus of storage totes from trusted brands such as Akro-Mils and Quantum. These storage containers are perfect for storing small items such as nuts and bolts, tools, office supplies, and just about anything else.
- Over 70,000 totes available in a variety of colors
- Over 60 different styles to accommodate specific needs
- Designed to stack, made with high-durability materials
- Compatible dividers also available
Take a look at our inventory at www.storage-solutions.com to see everything we have in stock!
Material handling is defined as the movement, storage, control and protection of materials, goods and products throughout the process of manufacturing, distribution, consumption and disposal. The material handling industry is responsible for manufacturing and distributing the equipment and services required to create material handling systems. These systems range from pallet rack and shelving to conveyors and automated systems.
So where does Storage Solutions fit in to the mix? ALL OF IT! Not only can our team provide you with the equipment necessary for an efficient storage operation; we provide the services needed to put your operation in motion. We are a turnkey solution to your warehouse design needs. Storage Solutions offers in house warehouse design, project management and installation teams that take our customers’ visions and turn them in to completed projects.
Interested in our services? Contact us at 866.474.2001 and our knowledgeable sales team will help find the solution that best fits your needs. We also sell new and used warehouse storage equipment. Visit us online and check out our ever-changing inventory.
Welcome back! In week three of the Storage Solutions Project Mississippi Spotlight series, we are going to share with you everything that has or will be dismantled before the completion of the project.
- Approximately 2000 bin sections (combination of 36”W x 36”D and 36”W x 24”D) in a two level bin mezzanine
- Three stairs and one vertical reciprocating lift
- 2,725 bays torn down, mix of 102″W, 132″W and 144″W bays
- 1,550 Pallet Positions of Selective Rack
- Total Material Counts:
- 1,100 Uprights
- 10,000 Beams
- 20,000 Pallet Supports
Our team has made a lot of progress from the first Project Mississippi post, week two, and now. Check back next week for our final Project Mississippi post for the time-lapse video that will take you from start to finish!
I was scanning through our blog posts from this year, and many of them either introduce our readers to a Storage Solutions team member or talk about how great our people are. It’s the truth, and Kelly Hargis is no exception to that!
Get to know Kelly…
Hometown: Marshall, IL
Education: Associates in Accounting and Business Administration
What is your role with SSI? Accounting Assistant, Project Coordination/Management
How long have you been with SSI? Since 2002
What do you enjoy doing outside of work? Reading, exercising, shopping, spending time with my daughter Morgan, and all types of auto racing events.
Favorite Sports Team: The Cowboys, Colts, IU Basketball/Football, and Indiana Ice Hockey I can’t pick one favorite!
Fun Fact: I love scary stuff! I love horror movies, and I visited Waverly Hill, in Louisville KY, one of the “Scariest Places on Earth”.
If you or any one you know is looking for a rewarding career with a constantly growing company and great people, check out our careers page!