Director of Operations
Location: Westfield, IN
Employment Type: Full-Time
This is position is responsible for overseeing many of a business’s daily activities, directing and coordinating actions across multiple teams (warehouse, transportation, installation, purchasing & facilities). The Director of Operations will report to the President.
- Support continued success of established workgroups, while identifying areas of growth
- Coordinating operational efforts to multiple sales teams and roles within those teams.
- Bi-weekly check-in with sales team leaders
- Lead Operation teams in setting & achieving strategic goals
- Responsible for team growth and personnel decisions
- Including but not limited to employee reviews & compensation plans
- Present department data to the President, Executive Team and Board of Directors
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience managing others (operations preferred)
- Able to adapt to ever-changing circumstances per project
- Proactive and reactive capabilities with decision-making skills
- Professional communication skills in all forms: phone, email, web call, etc.
- Able to focus through distraction and interoffice activity
- Possess basic negotiating skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Microsoft Excel experience required
- Intermediate Math skills: Current market rate calculations, measurement conversions, profit calculations, etc.
- Attention to Details
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to follow through with tasks given & follow up on delegated tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Travel will be necessary including overnight stays
- Overtime will be required as needed
- Sitting in front of a computer for extended periods of time will be required
Why work for Storage Solutions?
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, Storage Solutions has experienced stable growth for decades. The products and services we offer are in demand and the industry is continuously expanding.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to work in the growing and in-demand material handling and distribution/fulfillment solutions market
- Base salary plus bonus plan
- Professional sales training
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Cell phone allowance
- Generous paid time off policies
- Great medical, dental and vision plans
- HSA contributions
- 401(k) participation
- Short and long-term disability insurance policies
- Life insurance policies
“Their knowledge of the equipment and how to set up a facility saved our project from potential disaster.”